FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Right Intention: John Bolton

Friday, May 27, 2005

John Bolton

So the Democrats are at it again:

Democrats blocked an up-or-down vote on the nomination of John R. Bolton as ambassador to the United Nations yesterday, opening their first filibuster of the year three days after a bipartisan deal to avoid filibusters of judicial nominees.

Some may try to argue that the Bolton nomination was not part of the agreement. Technically that is true. But it demonstrates perfectly that any Bush appointment, judge or otherwise, beyond the three in the agreement will be filibustered.

As I wrote just the other day:

You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe the Democrats have any intention of honoring the spirit of this deal.

I knew I was right. And as much of a cynic as I am, even I'm surprised at the speed at which the Democrats reneged on the deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home