FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Right Intention: Journalists Targeted

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Journalists Targeted

Mazen Dana is one of the journalists killed in Iraq whose death others in the profession regard as suspicious and hasn't been explained by the military. I'll be nice and not say "deliberately killed" so we can avoid semantics.

However, I think it's a little more explainable when one looks at this.

If journalists are going to make the charge of being "targets" of the US military, they will have to come up with something better than this. If I'm a soldier, I'm not going to risk my life or the lives of those in my unit because the person I'm targeting who is weilding a shoulder mounted device might really be a cameraman instead of a terrorist with an rpg. That's a bit much to ask.

Just how many soldiers do journalists expect to die to guarantee journalist's safety in a war zone?

(Thanks, Michelle Malkin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home