FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Right Intention: The Vote Is In

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Vote Is In

Reuters reports that Iraqis are choosing to participate in the democratic process, undeterred by the threat of car bombs and other violence. One Iraqi citizen speaks quite eloquently:

Samir Hassan, 32, who lost his leg in a car bomb blast in October, was determined to vote. "I would have crawled here if I had to. I don't want terrorists to kill other Iraqis like they tried to kill me. Today I am voting for peace," he said, leaning on his metal crutches, determination in his reddened eyes".

They're coming on crutches. They are walking miles despite the dangers. They want to vote. They want to live in freedom. What a surprise...

Evidently, those that thought the good people of Iraq were somehow incapable of embracing democracy were wrong. And I'm sure Mr. Hassan is glad the U.S. did not follow the advice of that ultra-left sage, Noam Chomsky , who thought the best strategy was a U.S. cut-and-run by July 1, 2004. Hey Noam...let me ask you this... Where exactly would Iraq be today if we had done that? Please tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home