FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Right Intention: Fahrenheit 9/11

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

I just finished watching F 9/11. I promised a sister of mine months ago that I'd watch it, so I finally did. I know I must be one of the last people to watch this movie. Or at least I hope I am.

I'm not going to do a full out review. I imagine anyone who reads political blogs already knows what's in it and has already made their own assessment.

Here's my assessment. What an awful, awful, awful movie. I have never seen such crap. Michael Moore is a very bad person for having made it. And I feel dirty for having watched it.

I'm going to ignore all the blatant lies, distortions and slander in this movie, of which there are almost too many to count. What really bugs me it that it was poorly made. It was cartoonish. It was amateurish. It was downright silly. After all the hype by the elitist left, I expected a cinematic masterpiece. I expected to be wowed. Even if I didn't care for the content, I thought this at least would be the yardstick by which propaganda would be measured. Don't worry Leni, you're still the champ.

I couldn't believe what I was watching. This is the movie that got a 20 minute standing ovation at Cannes? This is the movie that had every movie reviewer drooling? This is the movie that some friends of mine told me is one of the best movies they had ever seen? And my friends are not stupid people. Are people so blinded by their ideology and hatred of Bush that they just overlooked what an absolute piece of crap this movie was? This movie was the cinematic equivalent of the recent Kitty Kelly biography on Bush.

Lesson learned. Never again will I watch anything Michael Moore produces or any political movie my leftist friends recommend. What a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home