FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Right Intention: Journalist Cries for Arafat

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Journalist Cries for Arafat

This is just sickening.

Foreign journalists seemed much more excited about Mr Arafat's fate than anyone in Ramallah.

We hovered around the gate to his compound, swarming around the Palestinian officials who drove by, poking our microphones through their dark, half-open windows.

But where were the people, I wondered, the mass demonstrations of solidarity, the frantic expressions of concern?

Was this another story we Western journalists were getting wrong, bombarding the world with news of what we think is an historic event, while the locals get on with their lives?

Yet when the helicopter carrying the frail old man rose above his ruined compound, I started to cry... without warning.


Could someone explain to me why the left (MSM = Leftists) loves murderous dictators? Stalin, Pol Pot, Castro, Arafat, etc. all get more favorable coverage than, oh, let's see, Bush, for example.

5 Comments:

Blogger Couch Potato said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

1:57 AM  
Blogger Phillip Lloyd said...

Hi,

Came across your blog by pure accident but thought whilst i was here i could tell you about this Fancy Dress and fancy dress uk site i found.

Check it out when you have time as i'm sure you could find a fancy dress costume to suit your needs some time.

Many Thanks

9:32 PM  
Blogger Phillip Lloyd said...

Hi,

Came across your blog by pure accident but thought whilst i was here i could tell you about this Fancy Dress and fancy dress wig site i found.

Check it out when you have time as i'm sure you could find a fancy dress costume to suit your needs some time.

Many Thanks

3:58 AM  
Blogger Phillip Lloyd said...

Hi,

Great blog you've got going here. If you would like to add any comments on fancy dress in my blog then feel free.

Thanks Again

10:19 PM  
Blogger Phillip Lloyd said...

Hi,

Thanks for leaving a message on my blog, thought i'd return the favour.

Which one did you prefer? 70s fancy dress or 70s fancy dress

Many Thanks

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home